We consider the environment in all that we do, and are committed to:
- reducing our requirement for new resources;
- reusing and recycling all that we can; and
- continually innovating our products and practices to minimize our environmental impact.
The Department of Environmental Quality and the Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon have recognized Baker Rock Resources for our environmental responsibility and stewardship.
Baker Rock Resources was the first producer in the Portland metro area to complete plant modifications that allow for the manufacture of warm mix asphalt. This product requires less fuel for heating during the manufacturing process, can be hauled longer distances, and produces fewer emissions during production and installation. It is also believed to produce pavement that lasts as long as, or longer than, hot mix asphalt.
We use recycled materials in our products to the fullest extent such materials are available and permitted.
- Our patented Special Treated Base is comprised of material that would normally be common fill, but instead is transformed into a high-performance aggregate base.
- Concrete waste from various project sites is reclaimed, sorted and crushed to create recycled aggregate base products.
- Asphalt itself is 100% recyclable. When we remove asphalt from a job site, it is reclaimed, crushed, sized and sorted for re-use in the production of new hot mix asphalt.