Baker rock in the community—fall 2015
Baker marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month
For the past 10 years The Human Bean coffee shops in Hillsboro and Cornelius have donated all sales proceeds and tips for one day to support the Tuality Healthcare Foundation. These dollars have gone toward breast cancer support groups, imaging equipment and software. Todd Baker is a member of the Tuality Healthcare Foundation Board, and spent a few hours at the Hillsboro location of The Human Bean thanking customers and handing out coffee. It was a great event, and at one point the line of customers reached out the door. Over $2,500 was raised for the Tuality Healthcare Foundation.
Baker Gives Back
- The project manager we worked with on the Reser’s Fine Foods project called us when the Yamhill School District needed a pad and parking lot to accommodate a small building that was donated to their sports program. Our Dayton crew jumped into action and delivered 200 tons of base rock as a donation to the program.
- Baker Rock donated a load of aggregate to an Eagle Scout by the name of Aaron Daines. Aaron completed rehabilitation of 300 feet of pathway at Morrison Woods Park in Beaverton. Our thanks go to Aaron for giving back to our community!
- Baker Rock also donated a load of aggregate to an Eagle Scout by the name of Steven Meerdink. Steven completed rehabilitation of 400 feet of pathway in Whispering Woods Park in Beaverton. Thank you, Steven, for giving back to our community!
- Baker Rock made a donation to the Hilhi Youth Football Program. The program provides safety equipment for athletes, and offers sponsorship opportunities for kids who might otherwise face financial barriers to participation.
- Baker Rock made a donation to the senior class at Century High School for upcoming graduation activities.
- Baker Rock donated merchandise for the annual Canine Association Conference fundraiser that helps provide training and care associated with canine police dogs.
- Baker Rock was a corporate sponsor of the Washington County Museum’s “taste of Washington County" fundraiser last fall.
- Baker Rock donated products and services to many community benefit auctions, including:
- Hillsboro Education Foundation
- Beaverton Education Foundation
- Groner Elementary School PTO